Dependent of the Member of the Civilian Component
Application for MANDATORY IDENTITY CARDS FOR A DEPENDANT OF THE NATO INTERNATIONAL CIVILIAN (NIC) OR MEMBER OF THE CIVILIAN COMPONENT (NATO SOFA) when assigned to SHAPE or any other organization supported or administered by SHAPE.
- SHAPE (AMIS) IDENTITY CARD - as a dependant of a NIC or Member of the Civilian Component (NATO SOFA) when assigned to SHAPE or any other organization supported or administered by SHAPE, it is mandatory to be registered in SHAPE and to apply for a SHAPE (AMIS) ID Card as of 12 years and above. In principle children of the age 0-12 will receive no SHAPE (AMIS) Identity Card. However, if they attend the SHAPE International School (SIS) they will be provided with a school ID Card.
- BELGIAN PROTOCOL IDENTITY CARD - Apart from the SHAPE (AMIS) Identity Card, dependants, including all children, are obligated to apply for a Belgian Protocol ID Card which is the valid proof of residency in Belgium released by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for special foreigners like yourself. You can only apply for this card once you have a permanent Belgian address.
Your application for the Belgian Protocol ID Card will be submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It will take approximately 6 weeks before the card will be issued.
Upon presenting yourself for registration at the BSG Family Support and Processing Centre (FSCEP in building 210, Rm 109-111, the following documents should be submitted (pls bring your copies with you since copies cannot be made at our offices!!):
- an original electronically completed SF94 for each dependant regardless their age signed/stamped by either the respective National Military Representative (NMR) himself or any other individual nominated by the NMR, certified by an official NMR stamp, or for NATO Civilians the HR Civilian Personnel Branch
- two colour copies of your passport or national ID (valid for at least 3 months), if required with a Schengen visa
- two colour copies of your marriage certificate or an official certificate of legal partnership accompanied with a translation (Marriage Certificate Form Annex B) stamped and signed by your NMR for authentic and original, if the document is not in the English, French, German or Dutch language.
- two colour copies of the birth certificate for each child accompanied with a translation (Birth Certificate Form Annex A) stamped and signed by your NMR for authentic and original, if the document is not in the English, French, German or Dutch language.
- Passport pictures - facility at Registration office
All documents submitted will serve to determine your legal status. Spouses with a SHAPE (AMIS) ID Card will have an integrated ration card - if applicable - linked to the sponsor's entitlements and may use the card just like the sponsor for tax free purchases on the compound.
Whenever there is a change of address, please report directly to the FSCEP Registration office. No SF-94 will be required.
For full support and to answer of your questions you can contact the Registration section at extension 5147 and 4638 during working hours.
For related instructions, before starting the application, you can follow the link below.